Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buffet project

I have been on the search for a buffet. My price range, well, let's be honest I didnot have one because we are broke..LMAO. However, I really needed wanted a buffet to put all of my fine china nice glasses, plates, decorative stuff in. I looked all over craigslist for months. I went to sooo many thrift stores for months, but I couldnot find anything that I really liked & could afford. Until, I went to one of my favorite places.. the Preservation store in the ninth ward around the corner from my grandmother's house.
I came across this very dusty piece of furniture that was in desperate need of love that I really wanted to give it, but it was WAYYYYYY out of my price range... which I didn't really have one like I said in the latter; however, I knew this wasnot in it!! lol . This is my first love.. They wanted $900 for this:
Let's just say she is pretty, but clearly not worth the price.. However in front of it was another hutch that was dirty,UGLY..etc. It also needed some tlc.. but I wasnot sure if I wanted to give it any. Plus it didnot have the character that my first love had. However, it had plenty of potential! It was 8ft long! They were asking 140 for top & bottom, but I didnot even want the top. The people did not want to sell them separately;however, me & senior have big plans for the top any ways. Well, meet big red:



It wasnot love at first sight because I went back to this store about five time before senior brought it for me for my birthday! I was so happy to begin. It turn into about a $250 project(buffet, stain, sand paper, spray paint, molding, tools, wood filler, pily wood & legs)... We sanded it, spray painted,stained it, put legs on it & put on a new back. whew! It took us about 2 weeks to finish. IT NEEDED a LOT of WORK, but thanks to my persistence & constant nagging of my husband.. Sry senior! :)  





When I say I LOVE my buffet/ bar, I mean it! I L O V E it! :)

If you are thinking about trying something like this I suggest wearing protective eye wear, mouth wear & gloves! because there was so much dust still in our garage from all the sanding! Also, have a plan. If you can figure out everything you may need & buy it. because we kept having to stop because we forgot to buy something at Lowe's & because we have to do things when we actually have money for it, so we had to wait on a lot of stuff. Oh well, it was well worth the wait!



Man, when life was this easy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your projects and enthusiasm!

Valencia C. said...

thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews