Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fixing Holes in the Wall

Fixing holes in the wall is as easy as 1-2-3!

I wish I had pictures of the old fashion rods the old home owners had up when we first moved into our house, but I don't. They were ugly. That is why I was in such a rush to hang up some better looking ones. Don’t get me wrong the ones I put aren’t the greatest; however, they are much better then what was up. They are okay, and are perfect for me because I hate spending a lot of money on house stuff. I change my mind so much it does not make sense for me to invest $25 for a curtain rod. Plus, we don't have the money for me to do that. We have 4 windows in our great room area that would be a $100 and that is a bit much for me. I paid maybe $5.00 a piece which is $20. I am happy with them until we can afford better ones. Anyway, when I first put them up, I didn't take the time to measure the window to actually see where they should be hung; instead, I just hung the rod where the previous owner had theirs. WRONG!! NEVER DO that especially if the previous owners had valances, and you plan on putting up long window treatments! Well, here is a tutorial on fixing those ugly holes in the wall when you move your curtain rods in the right place.

clip_image002
Tools you will need
Time: 2 days
Difficulty: EASY
  • Joint compound
  • Spackle
  • Medium grade sandpaper
  • Sample can of the paint color of the wall ( stir before applying to wall)
  • Paint brush
  • Clean rag
1. Take the joint compound and put on wall with the spackle. clip_image004
  1. Let dry for at least 24hrs. 
  2. Use medium grade sand paper to lighty sand the area where you used the compound.( It doesn't have to be sanded all the way off because you are using paint to cover it.) clip_image006
  3. Wipe off the excess dust from the area with clean rag.
  4. Use paint brush to paint over the area.
clip_image008
6. Let dry, then sit back & admire your handy work! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews