Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hanging Chandlier

SENIOR, put up our new thrift store chandelier about a month ago. I am just getting around to posting it. He was not very happy with putting up this chandelier at night. lol. I was so anxious to put this up the day I got it. I had to make sure it was working because I could not believe it worked. I was so sure that it didn't work . I mean who gives a way a $160 chandelier ? But who ever does, I want to take this time out to think them because it looks really nice in my dinning area.

The chandelier before came with house except we changed the glass. We sold it on Craigslist for $25. I really believe somebody got a deal. If you want to check out my Craigslist ad, go here! The chandelier we got from the Thrift store we only cost $29.99; however, regular price was $160.00. Do you want to learn more about this steal, go here!
Tips on changing chandeliers.
  • Make sure the LIGHTS ARE OFF in the area you are hanging the chandelier first.
  • Take down the old chandelier
  • When putting up the new one, make sure you match the wires of the chandelier with the wires in the ceiling.
  • Mount the chandelier to the ceiling
  • Make sure the chanderlier is about 30" to 34" from your table
  • Put light bulbs in it
  • Then turn on light to make sure it works!
  • & then ENJOY! :)
The next thing I am going to do is change out the frosted tan glass for either frosted white or clear glass. I guess if I do clear glass, I will have to get better looking bulbs. lol



Have you ever hung up a chanderlier? If so, do you have any advice on doing it?

1 comment:

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Looks great. Little changes can make a big difference! My hubby hates hanging chandeliers too.

Warmly, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews